How do I set up a recurring payment schedule via DEFT?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- (Sample) Using Helpjuice
Water Run Off Buying Strata Strata Titles Act of Western Australia Lot Boundaries Strata Plan and Other Plans Strata Titles Act Regulations, Standard By-Laws & Management Statements Tenanting Your Property Alteration to a lot/ installations Common Property Employing Contractors Funding Access for Maintenance Fences Contractors Electrical Gas Plumbing Pests NBN Swimming Pools & Spas Building Warranties Strata Companies Levies Financial Strata Manager Strata Council Insurance Paint AGM’s
For a step-by-step guide, see the DEFT guide for payers.
- Log in to DEFT from ‘Log in’ in the top-right corner of the page.
- Enter your username email address and password, and select ‘Log in’.
- Select the blue ‘Make a payment’ button.
- Select or enter your DEFT reference number. Your existing DEFT reference numbers will be available for selection from the drop down list. Otherwise, select ‘Add DEFT reference number’ to enter the number for the biller you need to pay.
- Select your payment schedule. To set up a recurring payment schedule, select ‘Recurring’.
- To make a single payment today, select ‘Pay now’. See the FAQ, “How do I make a one-off pay now payment by logging into DEFT?
- To make a future dated payment, select ‘Pay later’. “How do I set up a one-off future payment?”
- Select the payment frequency – choose whether you want the payment to occur every week, fortnight, month, quarter or year.
- Select the payment schedule – choose whether you want the payment to continue with no end date (you can cancel it later), to end on a specific date, or to occur for a specific number of payments (we’ll automatically work out the end date).
- Select the payment start date – select the date and then select ‘Confirm’. This is the date of the first payment, and all subsequent payments will occur from that date at the frequency you’ve specified.
- Check your details, then select ‘Next’. Note - if the ‘Next’ button is disabled, this means you’ve missed a mandatory field. Check you’ve provided all the details for the payment schedule including start date, payment frequency, payment schedule, the payment method, and payment amount.
- Review the details of your payment schedule. Select ‘Edit’ to go back and make any changes, or if all correct, select ‘Schedule now’.
- Wait for your payment schedule to be processed. Do not click back or interrupt the screen. A confirmation message will appear to advise if the payment schedule was successful. If the payment schedule was unsuccessful you will be shown a message to advise what went wrong. Select ‘OK’.
- You will be taken to the ‘Scheduled payments’ page where you can see the payment schedule you just created.